PGIA MEMBER EXCLUSIVE
Announcing the PGIA Scholastic Awards
The PGIA offers two awards annually in the amount of $500 each.
The PGIA Scholastic Awards were created to:
- Provide an incentive for applicants to advance their career through education
- Contribute to the cost of continuing education
- Help PGIA members promote the benefits of continuing education to their employees
Who is the award for?
This award is open to any individual who is currently employed in the graphic communications industry by an Active member of the Printing and Graphics Industries Association of Alberta (PGIA). The award is intended to help students who are seeking to enhance their career in the graphic arts through further education.
Note: Full time students enrolled in a graphics related program at an institution that is a member in good standing of the PGIA are also eligible to apply.
How do I qualify?
Application criteria for your application to be considered by the PGIA selection committee
- All parts of your application must be completed and submitted by April 30th of the calendar year.
- The applicant must be currently employed full time by a PGIA member company in the graphic communications industry who may also be a service provider or a vendor/supplier to the industry.
- Full time students enrolled in a graphics related program at an institution that is a PGIA member are also eligible to apply.
- Your employment in good standing must be confirmed by your employer and is required by the April 30th submission deadline. Enter your employer’s contact information on the application and we will contact them for verification on your behalf.
- Applicant must be accepted for enrollment in a graphics related course or program at a technical school, college or university within Alberta.
- An applicant is also eligible to apply for an award if he/she has successfully completed a related course or program within the past 8 months (September 1st to April 30th).
- For those employed in the industry, an eligible course or program may be graphics related or business related, the successful completion of which will aid the growth and development of the applicant’s career in the graphics industry.
- Write a one-page summary of why the applicant chose a career in the graphic arts and how the PGIA Scholastic Award will help further his/her career.
- Confirmation of employment in good standing with a member company of the PGIA
- Recommendation by supervisor/employer
- Confirmation of Course Enrollment (or course completion within past 8 months – September 1 to April 30)
- Evaluation of the applicant’s information in the Application for Scholastic Award form
- Students enrolled in a graphic communications related program at an educational institution that is a PGIA member are also eligible to apply for an award
Applications are evaluated and judged following the submission deadline and the recipient(s) selected for a Scholastic Award will be notified by June 20th.
Submission of Application
Please submit your completed application to: [email protected]